Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Britt Huxley- Blog 1- Big Ideas for Better Schools

3. Watch: Big Ideas for Better Schools http://www.edutopia.org/big­ideas
What are your thoughts about the information shared in the video? How does this relate to you as a teacher? Write two paragraphs.

I believe that this video shows a good range of different ways to make schools better, even though some ideas are definitely better than others and used more. I feel it opens student’s minds up to more information in different ways that would be interesting to them. All of these ideas involve different ways to help the students and the school be the best they can be and learn in the most effective ways. They are really good ways to teach students the information in fun ways so that they will remember it later on. It keeps outside people included in the school and the student so that the school gets help to be the best they can be and so that the students feel appreciated and that they are receiving help from everyone and everything around them. The project-based learning, technology integration, integrated studies, cooperative learning, and comprehensive assessment are all great ways to teach a student to learn with different methods. Teaching the students each of these aspects allows them to learn information differently, work with others, share their knowledge, go more in depth with information, use the latest interventions that help them in the classroom, and be the best students they can be in many different ways. These aspects can then be used in life later on. Emotional intelligence is important to let the student know that they are appreciate and wanted to do well. Everyone around them is there to help them be the best they can be, in and out of school. Teacher preparation, parent involvement, community partners, and maximising resources, are ways in which allow the student to learn in the easiest and most appropriate way possible. Having people and resources around the students who help and are involved when the student needs them will always allow them to be better students. All of this information is great for teachers to give them indications as to how to build the best classroom and school they can for their students.
This relates to me as a teacher as it allows me to see all the different options I have as to how to teach my students. It gives me many different options to think about as to how to teach different aspects of the curriculum in different ways, and what is the best way for each student to learn as everyone is different. After watching this video I realize the outside resources I can have as a teacher that help the students in my class, making sure I am in good terms with the students’ parents and the community around the school, as well as being prepared myself. This gives me a good perspective as to things I need to think about when teaching my own class and how best to teach the students the information, depending on what it is they are learning. This has given me a good inside to think about as to what I have to do to allow me to be the best teacher I can be, and making me look at every aspect around me that could help me as a teacher, my students, and the school.


No comments:

Post a Comment